I'd Rather Be in Kauai


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First Things First




It all started Friday March 12th...After going to a friend's birthday party the night before and someone asking me what's taking so long with Brandon and my baby making skills, I decided to take a test. I was a little late with my period but that was not unusual for me for the past few months. So that Friday morning, I snuck in the bathroom before Brandon woke up and nervously waited for the results. I hate to say that I was reluctant since I had done this a few times before and seeing that one blue line. This one blue line made me cry every month! But this time I had to wipe my eyes to make sure what I was seeing was true. There were two blue lines! In a cross!! I could NOT believe it!!
I stared at it for while and got ready for work...without telling Brandon. I've always wanted to surprise my husband with the news of a baby and now I had to think of a way to do it. I went to work and could not concentrate all day but managed to pick up a cute little onsey that read "I love my Daddy". When I went home I stuck the onsey in Brandon's laundry basket that happened to be full of unfolded clothes! Perfect!
I asked him to fold laundry with me since I had some to do. As he was getting further and further down his basket, I noticed him pick up the onsey. He silently stared at it with the most confused look on his face. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes when he finally realized what it meant. It was the best moment between us ever!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment